Re: [Amps] Blown anode choke in TL-922

To: <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Blown anode choke in TL-922
From: "4Z4TL_IARC_300" <4z4tl@iarc.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:00:51 +0300
Hi
Well as I mentioned in my original post, there indeed was damage to the 1 Ohm
Anode-meter shunt resistor which opened.
At his stage no other damage is seen or measured.

BTW IMHO, RTTY - as I work it  - can't be blamed for the cooking.
After all I use half or less of the max power and the duty cycle is max. around
50% - even in contests (That's why I never win...hi hi)

The more I think about it, I seems like 2 separate issues exist simultaneously:
A marginal gaseous tube with its tendency for Osc
(many small flashes, doing the cooking), and a  "not perfect choke" and/or
suppressors, both sustaining crytical Osc & responsible for the specific final
bang.

Can  this scenario make sense?
I am guessing and speculating, but this plate choke didn't burn the usual way
nor did it open - it just cooked, and "The bang" happened as the last event.

So I am going now to search for that broom stick for the CW/SSB switch....on
route for tube testing....with a rewound choke made a little different.

Thanks again
Isaac, 4Z1TL