Re: [Amps] Power handling of an SMA

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power handling of an SMA
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:49:43 -0400
Someone wrote:

>> ## I have used Amphenol PL-259's  that were a bitch to solder the braid
>> to..
>> through those 4 x little holes.   Think they were nickel plated.

   I have used, used PL259s that the solder didn't want to stick to, so
I drilled out the holes (two at a time) with a drill bit a we bit larger
than the original hole and the bare brass soldered like a dream.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Endless Loop: n.        see Loop, Endless.
                  Loop, Endless: n.       see Endless Loop.