Re: [Amps] Should a blower run after amp shutdown?

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Should a blower run after amp shutdown?
From: Robrk <robrk@nidhog.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:09:37 -0400

On Jun 3, 2011, at 6:44, "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net> wrote:

> ##  here's the procedure I use on both a 3CX-3000A7 [ 7.5v @ 50A]...
> and also a 3CX-6000A7  [7.0V @ 80A] .  Separate 240 vac feed into the
> input of a 1kva Sola constant voltage xfmr.   Output of Sola xfmr is fed into
> the
> input of a 0-240 vac @ 5A  variac.    Output of variac feeds the  input of the
> dahl fil  xfmr.   Variac has a cam + microswitch on it's  shaft.  Microswitch
> contacts
> activate the coil of a dpdt relay.
>
> ##  1 x toggle switch for blower, and a 2nd toggle switch for the fil.  Input
> of 2nd toggle gets

Along with the cam or flapper on the variac, I have a dpdt "wired around"
itself, on the main primary relay, with an RB (Red Button-- momentary) so when
you go for coffee and the power company does one of their 2 second x 3 power
cycles, the amp goes down and can't come up ' till I push the button.
believed to be clean.