Re: [Amps] Plate Cap Quandary

To: <audioguy@q.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate Cap Quandary
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 18:45:34 -0400
From: "Jim Barber" <audioguy@q.com>
To: "Manfred Mornhinweg" <manfred@ludens.cl>
Cc: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2011 2:39 PM

> I wasn't paying attention when the beginning of the thread marched by,
> thus the bad timing.

The full thread is in the archives.

> So: center-tap the 10m coil with the Tune C, then just leave the
> "left-hand" end open?

No it goes to the tube.

> The YC156 suffers from high Cout as well, but theoretically has gain up
> to around 110mhz assuming I remember correctly. Perhaps this trick would
> work there as well... ?

Its especially helpful with that and similar tubes and since a vacuum cap is
needed the min C is a bit less.

The MRI amps operate close to 6M and a few Europeans have supposedly got it
to work on 2M or are still scratching their heads...I havent been following
it closely.

Carl
KM1H