Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 105, Issue 6

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 105, Issue 6
From: Gene May <gene-may@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 16:27:28 -0400
1.  You may mean 1.2 AMPS, not ma, plate current.  However, DC input power of
1.2 amps plate current at 2800 V is 3.36 kw, not 2.45 kw.

2.  I don't think 45% efficiency is bad for an AB2 amplifer at 50 MHz.

3.  Operating parameters are a function of tube design, and so are "individual"
for the tube and application.  They are chosen to achieve a desired load,
efficiency and distortion level.

Gene May WB8WKU