Re: [Amps] running two 3 phase transformer serie/parallel

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] running two 3 phase transformer serie/parallel
From: "pc5m, Carel" <pc5m@xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:40:48 +0200

Hi Gerald,

We have here 400V 3 phase power (voltage between the
phase's) and as a result 230V between a phase and ground. So the lowest
voltage I have "available" is 230Vac...

gl, Carel.

On Tue, 25 Oct
2011 18:02:30 -0400 (EDT), TexasRF@aol.com wrote:

> Carel, what is
your primary voltage there? Do you have three phase primary power?

73,

Central Daylight Time, pc5m@xs4all.nl writes:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have
two identical 3 phase high voltage transformer (each around 4KVA /
>> 50
kg/ 100 pounds). Issue is they are designed for US 3 phase voltages.
(so
>> 120 / 204V) so can't use them in Europe as is. What I would like
to do is to
>> put the 2 units at the primary side in serie and at the
secondary side in
>> parallel. Primary and secondary in wye config.
>>

>> Q: Would there be any benefit of connecting the secondary windings
of the
>> two transformers first parallel and than rectify (with only
one rectifier
>> bridge) or the other way around ? For me it is much
easier to first rectify
>> both transformers and than put the rectified
voltage parallel (only one
>> highvoltage interconnect between both the
big/heavy transformer boxes.).

>> I have seen some constellations
with two 3 phase transformer to gain some
>> benefit in creating
additional phases in order to reduce the ripple voltage
>> even more.
Don't know if I could utilize such a thing as well ? However, if
recall they were placed in parallel at the input.

>> Thanks for any
idea's . Gl, Carel