Re: [Amps] running two 3 phase transformer serie/parallel

To: mike@tubby.org, pc5m@xs4all.nl
Subject: Re: [Amps] running two 3 phase transformer serie/parallel
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 04:55:15 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Mike. back feeding from one secondary to the other may not be such a bad
 thing. That would force the primary voltage division to the two
transformers to  be exactly what is needed for equal secondary voltages.

The primary current will be the same since they are in series. Secondary
current would be +/- small amount as dictated by the turns ratio.

Does that make any sense?

My take on this is to hardwire the two transformers (after phase
confirmation) and standby for sparks

Very interesting application!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/27/2011 3:37:53 A.M. Central Daylight Time,