Re: [Amps] Sucking air

To: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Sucking air
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:58:23 -0500
If you add a piece of silicone rubber to extend the 8877 exhaust to the top
of the cabinet it will be a lot cooler.

Punch or drill a series of small holes along the middle shield wall under
the transformer and filterboard. Then add a low speed muffin fan externally
over the PS side perforations to pull the heat out.

You could also add a few holes in the base of the RF side to improve cooling
of the coils and it will flow thru the top perforations not blocked by the
silicone rubber chimney.

Then you can remove the block-off plate and add the 2nd tube and socket (-;
for overhead of course....

Carl
KM1H