[Amps] To rewind or not? (3KA resonant filter choke)

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] To rewind or not? (3KA resonant filter choke)
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 02:41:52 -0800
The "chatter" from my Henry 3KA's resonant filter choke is worrying me, so I'm
wondering whether to have it rewound and replace the cap, do that and also
rewind the plate xformer, or just throw it all out and stick in a more modern
3KV 1A xformer, a bridge and a larger filter cap. By the time I pay to ship the
iron aound the country I suspect the last option may be the least expensive,
but price isn't necessarily the only consideration here. I want to run it on a
regular basis for another 20 years, and perform as well as it does now.

Opinions?

Thanks,
Jim, N7CXI