[Amps] L4B Plate choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] L4B Plate choke
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 14:46:41 -0800
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 23:16:32 -0500
From: "Wayne Rogers" <n1wr@chesapeake.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] L4B Plate choke

Carl:  I pretty much reached the same conclusion.  I ordered the Ameritron
choke from MFJ.  I understand that it is a bit too long physically and needs
to be shortened a bit (the form - not the coils).  We'll see.  Thanks for
your note.

Wayne N1WR

##  I own  FOUR   L4B's.... and have not see this effect.  Then again, I don't
run it
at 1500 w out on cw mode either.   The stock L4B choke is 154uh, which is more
than plenty
for 80m [ it's triple the 50 uh  used in the heath SB-220].   It also works on
17+12m.

##  dunno what ga wire drake used on the choke, but it's small stuff.  Watch
out,
the plate xfmr is only rated for 850va CCS.

later... Jim  VE7RF