Re: [Amps] Need inexpensive source of .02 5 or 6Kv Ceramic Disc Caps

To: "Mike Baker" <k7dd@cox.net>, <ham_amplifiers@yahoogroups.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need inexpensive source of .02 5 or 6Kv Ceramic Disc Caps
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:54:14 -0800
Mouser has .01 5 or 6 KV caps. They are not cheap though.. About 5 or 6
bucks each. So you would need 2 of them?

I know... Not cheap... But that is a pretty tall order for that type of cap.

I have bought some on EBay from China but have had mixed results. One of
them blew up at the base of the plate choke in my TL-922. Replaced with the
Mouser cap and all is well.

73
Jim W7RY