Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current Problem

To: Gudguyham@aol.com, paab@valornet.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current Problem
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:27:48 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/25/2012 5:07:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Gudguyham@aol.com writes:

Thanks  for the replies.  I, too, at first thought it  would involve a
padder
in the output tank circuit.   Something I should have out in my  first post:
there are no padders in  the output circuit.  The schematic  I have shows an
output  circuit that is a Pi network (the inductance is an  air core coil
in
series with a toroid inductor) into a   toroid   transformer (I am guessing
it
transforms about 200 ohms down to  50  ohms).

#### Yes, All the Command tech HF amps and even the 6 meter ones have a 200
 ohm Pi net followed by a 4 to 1 transformer.  This eliminates all the
switching and padding of both load and tune.  It does work, but it is not a
design used by most amp Mfgers.