Re: [Amps] Gettering GU-74B's in-place with screen voltage?

To: <audioguy@q.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Gettering GU-74B's in-place with screen voltage?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:14:37 -0400
American external anode tubes with indirectly heated cathodes are
rejuevenated by running filaments only for a day or two in extreme cases.
These are 8874, 3CX800, 8877, 4CX1000A, etc

Directly heated tubes have the gettering material on the inside of the anode
surface and require running at rated power on a regular basis. The
alternative is the same as glass tubes....run reduced plate voltage and more
positive bias to reach a high enough dissipation to activate the getter.
These are 3CX1000, 3CX1200, 3CX3000, 4CX5000, etc.

Ive no idea what the Russians use for gettering and dont want to make a
WAG....

Carl
KM1H