Re: [Amps] Transfer Lettering

To: Dennis Homerick <DHomerick@neo.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transfer Lettering
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:04:50 -0400
On 2012-03-13, at 6:18 PM, Dennis Homerick wrote:

> Hello everyone.  I'm trying to put  finishing touches on the front panel of
> my new amp.  Can't seem to locate my transfer lettering or a place to buy
> new.  I'm looking for letters and numbers about 1/4 to 5/16 of an inch tall.
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Dennis,

I've come to use vinyl "peel & stick" letters exclusively here in all of my
homebrew projects...

The letters come on a standard-size waxed sheet of paper: you remove them (they
are already pre-cut, of course) with an X-acto knife, & apply them to where you
might want them. Once in place just press down on them to secure.

They are super-easy to put on, look nice when finished, & can be readily
removed even years later with your thumb nail---and they come in a wide variety
of sizes, colours, & fonts (1/4" is the minimum size).

The ones I buy come from a company called "GEOGRAPHICS" in Blaine,
Washington---although there are now a lot of places making these. I buy mine at
the better (and larger) stationery / office supply shops...and they are not
expensive, either (I believe the last time I bought a sheet it was less than
$7.00).

~73!~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ