Re: [Amps] amp cooling / triodes vs tetrodes

To: Leigh Turner <invertech@frontierisp.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Amps] amp cooling / triodes vs tetrodes
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:59:10 -0700
Leigh,

Not to drive everyone up a tree with this topic, but do you know of any
non-proprietary designs that might serve at least as a basis for a
properly-done EBS implementation?

I'm not thinking so much of modifying my (newest) commercial amp, but I
do have a YC156 project that seems to be in eternal overhaul, as well as
a Henry 3KA that could benefit from such a beast.

Along that line I also (still) have one Alpha 77 left with their EBS,
but I'm not sure I'd qualify that one as more than a good start at
"properly done", at least by today's standards. (It's from before they
added the control pot, early design)

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI