Re: [Amps] PL-259 and SO-239 cable attachments

To: "Glen Zook" <gzook@yahoo.com>, <W4ABW@aol.com>, <gene-may@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PL-259 and SO-239 cable attachments
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:22:15 -0700
As for more output:  Theoretically, using a larger diameter cable should reduce
the losses in the cable which, in turn, should produce more output.  Now that
output difference is going to be, at best, milli-watts or even nano-watts if
not pico-watts.

Glen, K9STH

I think it might actually be "no watts," because every Alpha I've ever used
wouldn't even accept 100W drive power without going "TILT."  My old 77, 374,
76CA, 78 etc. were pretty low-drive amps and more than 60W or so would make
them shut off, so I always had to restrict drive.  I don't have an 89, but I'll
bet it's similar in that regard.

-WB2WIK