Re: [Amps] Coax for MHV connectors?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Coax for MHV connectors?
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:43:45 +0100
On 06/24/12 09:42 AM, Jim Barber wrote:
> It's difficult to *not* use Chinese connectors, though,
> when I can get decent-quality nickel-plated male SHV connectors with
> gold pins for RG-6 from Shenzhen in small quantities for $5 USD each or
> so including shipping.

I know Huber and Suhner connectors are not cheap, but on something important,
I'd rather trust them than the Chinese ones. Recently we had issues at work
with
SMA connectors. with water ingress on no-name connectors. The Huber and Suhner
ones are rated IP68 and have a sealing gasket that I've not found any other SMA
connector to have. (Other makes used to use them, but have cut back no doubt as
it saves a few cents). It's Huber and Suhner's attention to detail that has
proved to me they are the best SMA connector for us, and we should not use
no-name ones.

I think I'd spend a few extra $'s and use Huber and Suhner SHVs in an
application like this, rather than a no-name SHV.

Dave