Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A

To: wworldwidedx@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 19:47:42 -0400 (EDT)
Jon,  I would slow down for a second and I would try and find someone  who
has a similar vintage 87a.  I would then ask that person how his/her  amp is
working.  Ask about any problems encountered, ask if they sent it  back for
the "so called" major updates.  I would presume that anyone and  everyone
who has/had owned one of these would know for sure the specific  problems
these amps have (if any).  There is a new regime over there at  Alpha these
days you know.  For $3000.00 plus whatever you paid for it  originally you can
buy yourself a pretty good amp of another brand.  I am  very suspicious of
that whole phone call!  Lou

In a message dated 7/9/2012 7:39:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,