Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7/8877 vs el cheapo GS-35B

To: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7/8877 vs el cheapo GS-35B
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:19:44 -0400
The OEP brand caps that most all the amp companies buy  have always had poor
rotor contacts. They now have 3 different levels of current handling but
what Ive seen used is still the cheapest. Dont know about the new Alphas.

Trying to find a dual 500 to 1000pf cap is near impossible. There still are
4 and 5 section BCB style caps available of the old large style with
suitable spacing and heavy duty rotor wipers that can handle well over
1500W. Military and late 20's - early 30's radios are some sources of
400-500pf per section. Stay away from the oldies that use pot metal frames.

Carl
KM1H