Re: [Amps] 4CX1500B project

To: branko.cehner@guest.arnes.si, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX1500B project
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 08:14:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Branko, I have no direct experience with a GU77B. In general terms
though, a tetrode Ig1 and IG2 both are influenced by the driving power. If they

are low, it indicates more drive power can be used.

In your case it is the peak drive voltage that sets the currents. Usually
more power =  more voltage. If the input vswr is high, the voltage can
increase if the length of the cable between the exciter and amplifier is such
that a vswr voltage peak happens at the input of the amplifier tube.

The reverse can also happen, voltage null at the tube input and lower
currents. Again, this is when vswr is elevated.

You will find that less G1 bias voltage will result in higher Ig1 and Ig2
readings and higher Ip as well.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 8/9/2012 2:21:39 A.M. Central Daylight Time,