Re: [Amps] Multi-Amp w/ Power Combiners

To: "Hal W5GHZ" <w5ghz@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Multi-Amp w/ Power Combiners
From: "Jerry Kaidor" <jerry@tr2.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:47:43 -0700 (PDT)
> I believe coax cable type combiners cut to length are for a fixed
> frequency.  However, there are commercial combiners that work for the
> entire HF spectrum.  Solid state amplifiers that use more than one
> transistor are typical examples.
*** The original question was about multiple *tube* amps.  I've seen the
solid state amps using combiners - I remember a QST article back in the
80's, when high power solid state was pretty exotic.

   Do these broadband combiners work as hybrids, and prevent power from
being fed from amp to amp?

                     - Jerry Kaidor, KF6VB