Re: [Amps] current threads about silver solder and resoldering

Subject: Re: [Amps] current threads about silver solder and resoldering
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:37:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
" Years ago, I worked as an electronic tech, and learned that some assembly
contracts required first soldering a joint, then sucking and wicking all the
solder out of the connection, then resoldering it.  I understood informally
(i.e., not confirmed) that this was the requirement and standard for NASA
contracts, because of the constant vibration in their applications."

Years ago, back in the dark ages, a friend worked for a company that made
circuit boards for rockets.  This was in the days when most rockets were
failing (about 1960).  He mentioned that many, if not most, of the early rocket
failures were due to poor solder joints.

73,  Colin  K7FM