Re: [Amps] current threads about silver solder and resoldering

To: ka4inm@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] current threads about silver solder and resoldering
From: "Jerry Kaidor" <jerry@tr2.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:49:54 -0700 (PDT)
>> understood informally (i.e., not confirmed) that this was the
>> requirement and standard for NASA contracts, because of the constant
>> vibration in their applications."

*** I had a friend who had worked as an assembly line worker in a company
that made memory boards for satellites.  He told me that NASA-spec
soldering required that every solder joint glint the same when you viewed
the board at an angle, and that the main object of the exercise was to
reduce the weight of the solder.  This would have been in the mid-70's.

                       - Jerry Kaidor, KF6VB