Re: [Amps] Zener Screen Regulators

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Zener Screen Regulators
From: Mike A <mikea@mikea.ath.cx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 16:05:23 -0500
On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 08:45:22AM -0700, Bill, W6WRT wrote:

> REPLY:
> Psychologists call this denial.
>
> I still ask for an explanation of why the filament or cathode in a tube has to
> be heated to receive the current flow. I've been asking this question for
> fifty
> years. Still waiting.

To prepare the surface to receive the torrent of holes that will flow to
it from the plate.

FWIW, I am a firm adherent of the "Electrons are the charge carriers,
and current moves from negative to positive" school. That's how my
Elmers taught me, that's how the Air Farce taught me, and it has worked
Just Fine for me.

If someone else wants to believe something different, that's between
that person and Ben Franklin.

73, de

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO