Re: [Amps] Zener Screen Regulators

To: w9cin@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Zener Screen Regulators
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 10:00:04 -0400 (EDT)
Rich, if there is plate voltage applied there will be a small leakage
current due to the less than perfect vacuum inside the tube.

In fact, this is a good way to pretest a tube before using it. If the
leakage is more than a few microamps then standby for sparks when the tube is
heated and high voltage applied.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/6/2012 8:42:55 A.M. Central Daylight Time,