[Amps] Pulser

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Pulser
From: Edwin Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:48:37 -0500
The theory behind pulsing when tuning is to tune the radio (remember plate and tune controls) without over dissipating the finals (sweep tubes and even the almighty
6146 included).
Works just as well for tube amplifiers. You just send a series of dits using the key and peak the output. In my opinion then use a 'scope to check linearity of your amplifier.
But I'm old and no one seems to use 'scopes anymore.
But back to square one, you don't need another box in the shack, just use your keyer.

ed K0KL