Re: [Amps] The GU84B and GU78B tubes / some brief history

To: "Vic K2VCO" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The GU84B and GU78B tubes / some brief history
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 11:23:31 -0400
Ive even run swamped grid old glass triodes without neutralization. Currently it is a pair of Class C 6C21's in parallel that runs up to 20M and Ive no doubt it would work higher. That amp ran 250TH's earlier.

During the 70-80's I built and sold plenty AB1/AB2 single and dual 4X1 amps and never needed neutralization, even on 10M at 5KV.

A swamped grid Class C 4X1 covering 160-10 and driven by a 32V2 is the next project for my own use. Guess what tank circuit Im using (-;

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vic K2VCO" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>