Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 13:00:18 -0800
On 12/6/2012 5:27 PM, Carol Richards wrote:
  more sturdy vacuum relay

More sturdy than what?

Alpha told me they had been using Gigavac lately and like them. I've been using them for 4-5 years. I no longer use QSK, because I got tired of replacing them every few years (I do a lot of contesting, so lots of cycles). It was also a PITA to have one fail in the middle of a contest. But I got tired of it before I started using the Gigavacs, so don't blame them. :) I don't remember the last time I replaced a relay, but probably at least three years.

73, Jim K9YC