Re: [Amps] rms Volts, Amps and Watts

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] rms Volts, Amps and Watts
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:09:41 -0800
I think I finally figured out what the confusion over RMS power vs average
power is.

It's really semantics. I know the purists will scream no, but yes it is.

W7EL's excellent paper on the subject makes it clear. Most of us take "RMS
power" to mean the product of RMS voltage times RMS current.

W7EL and others take it to mean the RMS value of average power.

As everyone has correctly pointed out, these are indeed two different
things, but the difference is how the words are defined and by whom.

YMMV. Works for me.

73, Bill W6WRT