Re: [Amps] 572b

Subject: Re: [Amps] 572b
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 06:50:10 +0800
Usually the filament volts gets 'em.

For example, here in VK6, in the old Yaesu 2100 amps, the filament voltage is around 7% high. In the Ameritrons, it is 10% high.
Our mains typically reach 245V.

Once you get the volts back to spec, the Shuguang (Chinese) tubes are every bit as robust as the Cetrons. Their emission is excellent. and they are absolutely plug and play with the Cetrons. No mods or adjustments are necessary.

Over the years, I have bought and sold over 200 of these these tubes and to date, I've had 2 that were duds. One was cracked glass and the other, a G-F short. I have never heard of low emission from them before.

73, Alek.
VK6APK