Re: [Amps] chassis maker?

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] chassis maker?
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 12:59:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
"I consider a shear essential unless you are not considering looks. Only
a few have the skill to saw and file with a professional look."

Although I have a shear, that may not be the perfect solution.  In order to cut
thicker aluminum or steel, you need a 2,000 pound shear, which involves space.
And, often they are not able to do more than cut a flat edge the full length of
the material.  If you are going to fold it, the shear may not be able to cut
all the shapes you need.  However, both a table saw and a radial arm saw, with
a non-ferrous blade can make clean cuts (warning - secure things before you
cut).  And, if you build edge guides, even a saber saw with a metal cutting
blade can make clean cuts.

73,  Colin  K7FM