Re: [Amps] Experiences shipping a Commander II with the XFMR installed

To: "'Mike & Becca Krzystyniak'" <k9mk@flash.net>, "'Amps reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Experiences shipping a Commander II with the XFMR installed
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 21:40:11 +0000
Remove the transformer and the tube(s)... if the construction of that is
similar to other commander amps the base that the transformer is on is not
strong enough to handle much shock, or even a long time on it's side.  You
also want to remove the tube(s) and wrap in bubble wrap or other shock
absorbing material, instead of boxing separately they can be packed in the
space for the transformer.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net