[Amps] Monitoring temperature

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Monitoring temperature
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:04:45 -0700
I would appreciate any suggestions for monitoring temperature on a solid
state power amp. I have used the LM34 with success in the past, but not in
the presence of strong RF fields. After all, it is a diode, sort of.  :-)
The thing I like about it is it reads out directly in mV per degree, so no
calibration is necessary. Just connect a meter of the appropriate scale and
off you go.

It would work fine while not transmitting of course, so one option is to
apply power only during receive but I'd prefer to have it on all the time.

Are there any thermistors or related products which are not sensitive to RF?
Something which can be fastened to the heatsink and read remotely?  Any
drawbacks to them?

All ideas appreciated.

73, Bill W6WRT