Re: [Amps] Help constructing filament choke for pair of

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Help constructing filament choke for pair of
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 14:15:39 -0400

Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:23:58 -0700
From: Paul Baldock <paul@paulbaldock.com>
To: <kg6i@comcast.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
3-500Zs on 6 m

The standard ferrite rod that you use for 10-80M works fine. I've
modded quite a few amps for 6 M and I remove half the turns from the
original choke. This reduces the inductance by a factor 4 and works
great for 6M.

- Paul

#### why does half the turns result in one qtr the uh ? I can see maybe slightly less than half the original uh..but not a qtr. I have played around with lots of coils and also fil chokes..but never tried removing half the turns from a fil choke. Did you shift the remaining turns to the center of the rod.....or just leave them
down at one end ?     That will make a difference.