Re: [Amps] testing the biggest one

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] testing the biggest one
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 14:20:43 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Fri,  2 Aug 2013 13:09:56 -0600, K5PRO wrote:

>. I challenge the same pundits to come up with a superior way to generate RF
>power. Maybe in the sun?

REPLY:

How about the Internet? Seriously, the days of super power broadcast
transmitters are coming to a close. WiFi or its equivalent and streaming
content are spelling the doom of broadcasting as we have known it for
decades. We're not there yet, it is on the horizon.

Some applications such as industrial heating and radar will still require
vacuum tube technology for the foreseeable future, but there are lots of
people working on technologies to change that, too.

50 years ago who would have guessed that a lab curiosity, the transistor,
would have changed our lives so dramatically?

73, Bill W6WRT