[Amps] Fwd: New air system socket for 8877 needed to finish project

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: New air system socket for 8877 needed to finish project
From: John Farber <kg6i@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:11:27 -0700

-------- Original message --------
From: John Farber <kg6i@comcast.net>
Date: 08/30/2013  10:55 AM  (GMT-08:00)
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: New air system socket for 8877 needed

I'm looking for an air system ceramic socket for an 8877 as part  of my cleanup
redesign of HB 6 m HF  amp conversion project that is nearing completion. If
you have one  new or nearly new condition that you could sell me please reply
directly to me. I'm in the Scotts Valley/Santa Cruz CA area and am willing to
travel up to 50 miles. Or if you can direct me to a source of new or NOS
sockets at reasonable prIces please pass that info along as well.  The group
might  like to see the various sources suggested. If you have a favorite method
of modifying a socket to allow for better airflow I'd like to see those as
well.  I'm pushing to complete to complete the redesign in time for the late
Fall/early Winter sporadic E season. In case you are wondering who did the c
onversion and what prompted the redesign;  a ham on the east coast butchered
and I'm being kind here, a Drake L4b. I'm gg to make it safer, more reliable
and quieter.