Re: [Amps] Future of RF AMPS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Future of RF AMPS
From: Geert Jan de Groot <pe1hzg@xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:10:24 +0200
> The underlying basis for these and most multi-FET modules is the venerable
> Helge Granberg / Motorola conceived EB-104 HF MOSFET amps originally based
> on the now old MRF150 devices;

I would also look at other devices. For instance, NXP produces a number
of devices (like the BLF578XRS) where a single device produces up to
1400 watts, up to 500 MHz.

The selling factor is that they are extremely rugged and are spec'ed to
survive open antenna or a short without any damage.

You should be able to spot-weld the casing of the PA using the output
of the PA itself without any adverse effect on the devices itself.
Some of the youtube movies are amazing and worth looking at.

I don't know what the IMD characteristics are. Anybody tested these?

73, Geert Jan PE1HZG