Re: [Amps] Future of RF AMPS

To: Leigh Turner <invertech@frontierisp.net.au>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Future of RF AMPS
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 02:58:50 +0200
I am still waiting to see a review of a SS amp that is as good as the last
generation of tube amps when one looks at the generation of high order IM
products.

With pre-distortion and a totally digital tx, it can be done. With a linear
amplifier using Cartesian or Polar feedback, it can be done, but there aren't
any around of either type.

But with a straight linear amplifier, they will cause more platter. Take the
REAL transfer characteristic of the device and calculate the higher IM
products....

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Sep 11 2013, 01:51 AM