Re: [Amps] S/S Amp's

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] S/S Amp's
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:14:27 +0000
  Most hams today can't tune SSB clearly.
AM always sounds right. Perhaps we should have SSB reduced carrier rather than
suppressed carrier. Another point, DSB occupies same bandwidth as AM.
  You could receive DSB or AM by detecting, using bfo and SSB filter,  only one
sideband but with the loss
of 3dB signal to noise ratio compared to receiving it with synchronous detector.
73
Bill wa4lav