Re: [Amps] Re Direct rectification of AC mains to derive the amp, VDD, s

To: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re Direct rectification of AC mains to derive the amp, VDD, supply
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:19:37 +0200
Manfred,

There are so many 'standards' around the world there almost aren't any! Here I
have 100 Amp 240 v single phase to the house, and the neutral is grounded by
the supply company on the pole in the garden - amongst other places. Because
that ground is one 4 foot ground rod, I can still see the neutral float about 1
to 2 volts above ground on occasion such as when using, washing machine, tumble
drier, both ovens and three cooker rings simultaneously.

73

Peter G3RZP