Re: [Amps] high voltage fuses

To: "Manfred Mornhinweg" <manfred@ludens.cl>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] high voltage fuses
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 21:09:30 -0400
When I worked for High Voltage Engineering for a short time 1969-70 after leaving National I watched 100-250KV power supplys do their thing behind thick steel and brick doors and thru leaded glass. Even when operating properly the radiation could kill you and watching a plasma event was a wonder to behold. The power was dumped but the plasma was self feeding until the room was filled with Halon, I believe, and then vented. Being the Sr Engr Tech it was my job to take the system apart, write up a report for Engineering and then rebuild with the next "fool proof" revision.

I didnt see a future in that field and then went to Sanders Associates where I discovered the digital world.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfred Mornhinweg" <manfred@ludens.cl>