Re: [Amps] high voltage fuses

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] high voltage fuses
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 16:42:48 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 21:44:20 +0000, Manfred wrote:

>And now a question to those of you who know arcing phenomena: I have
>often seen that an arc at one place starts daughter arcs at quite
>distant, but electrically connected points of a circuit. What is the
>phenomenon causing this?

REPLY:

Simple electromagnetic radiation, the same as from your TX.
Remember spark transmitters? I don't either but I've heard of them.  :-)

In fact, this phenomenon is how radio waves were discovered in the first
place. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Hertz
for a discussion of the subject. Oddly enough, the phenomenon was predicted
by Maxwell and Faraday before it was actually observed. It must have seemed
like black magic at the time.

73, Bill W6WRT