Re: [Amps] query re no-ground AC wall socket and amp

To: k4vud@hotmail.com, amps@contesting.com, bolingce@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] query re no-ground AC wall socket and amp
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:45:41 -0400 (EDT)
Charles, I don't have a direct answer to your question but do have some
information that might help.

All of the big Ameritron amplifiers use the same Dahl style plate
transformer. These transformers have dual 120vac primary windings. They can be
connected in parallel for 120v or in series for 240v operation.

When connected in series, a virtual center tap is present that can be wired
 to derive 120vac for the filament transformer or blower if needed.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/14/2013 10:31:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,