Re: [Amps] Henry 2002

To: "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@comcast.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2002
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:44:10 -0400
Joe,

I just looked at the service manual for the Henry/Tempo 2002 (RF System Schematic #800304). For the condition you describe, it would mean marginal contact conduction on either RY2 or RY3. Marginal in that there's enough conduction to pass exciter RF power but the contact becomes a high resistance on receive. Since there's amplification in operate and full drive power in standby, RY2 and RY3 must be engaging. Being a vacuum type, RY2's (RJ1A) contacts cannot be easily cleaned. I'm not sure what type of input relay is used but the schematic shows it as a DPDT. Time for some relay contact resistance checks on receive with the power plug pulled. If the contacts are in the open, try cleaning and/or lightly burnishing.

Paul, W9AC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@comcast.net>