Re: [Amps] 4CX1000A project

To: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>, Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX1000A project
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:20:30 -0400
Just FYI, from Wikipedia:

MHV connectors are presently considered by some as a safety hazard because of
the possibility of high voltage on the exposed central pin when not plugged
in,[1] and because the ground connection is broken before the power connection
when demating. SHV connectors are designed to prevent these hazards, and cannot
be mated to BNC connectors.

Always have liked the idea of separate power supplies but have always worried
about the safety of interconnects.  The one other person I know who did this
did not use any connectors for the HV.  Accomplished the goal decoupling the
supply from the amp, but requires tools and time to move either chassis more
than the length of the umbilical away from each other.

Al
AB2ZY