Re: [Amps] GS23B Plate load resistance for HF

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS23B Plate load resistance for HF
From: k7fm <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:42:26 -0700
Since we are limited only on output, it does not make much difference whether the amp is 50% or 60% efficient - especially in the winter. More amplifier loss means more heat in the hamshack.

Instead of sitting around the wood stove, we can sit around the GS35B amplifier. And, this knowledge may encourage a new approach to amp building. If the tube is horizontal, it can be right next to the floor and the chimney can come out right on your feet.

73,  Colin  K7FM