Re: [Amps] Alpha chimneys

To: <audioguy@q.com>, "Vic K2VCO" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>, "Amps reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha chimneys
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 20:14:35 -0500
It also makes an excellent place to insert a thermostat switch to change blower speeds.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Barber" <audioguy@q.com> To: "Vic K2VCO" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>; "Amps reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 6:15 PM

It varies.

With the Alpha 76A and variants, the chimneys just butt up against the perforated metal in the top of the case.

With the 77* series, they're wrapped conically, (instead of a straight tube) and the smaller end is clamped to an exhaust pipe.

I like the system. It makes changing out tubes a little more interesting if the chassis is tight, but keeps the exhaust air controlled.

In my last 8877 I slit the rubber up the side, (for the anode connection strip) then made a little larger drill hole at the end of the slit to prevent it from tearing out. After some juggling and clamping the rubber to the anode cooler with a stainless hose clamp, everyone was happy.

My .02,
Jim N7CXI