Re: [Amps] UHF Connectors

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] UHF Connectors
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:56:29 -0800
On 11/12/2013 12:48 PM, peter chadwick wrote:
I don't know if the ones in the Dayton flea market at something around $11 for
ten are Amphenol. They are silver plate with Teflon insulation, though, and are
good.

How do you know they are "good?" I'd bet that they are junk. Have you run 1.5kW through them in a RTTY contest? Your description precisely describes a typical junk connector -- inside the shiny silver plated elbow there's a tiny spring connecting the center female sockets. That's why they're $11 for ten of them.

73, Jim K9YC