Re: [Amps] All the recent UHF connector discussion

To: "David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] All the recent UHF connector discussion
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:44:18 -0500
This reminds me of all the discussions and outright arguments we had when I worked in the 12-75 GHz region at a few companies and well above 200 GHz at BAE.

At one place the 2 PhD's in R&D called in HP to settle some things and they only made it worse by admitting that the cal kits were not as precise as they wished but as good as could be repeatably manufactured.

So smoke and mirrors and magic ruled again in the RF world.

This discussion with UHF connectors is mostly becoming academic nit picking as I dont know of anyone that is serious at 400-500 MHz would even think of using them.

Use the proper devices and cables such as SMA connectors at that frequency when tuning for best NF, etc.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>