[Amps] AL-1500 PROIII SteppIR

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-1500 PROIII SteppIR
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:33:36 -0800 (PST)
Using a PRO III with a computer and keyer, the AL-1500 gets engaged in many
ways, I.E by the internal memories in the PRO III, by the PRO III key jack, by
the PTT and keying lines at the ACC socket etc.

The N8LP lockout will protect the antenna by disabling the amp if I put it in
series with the relay line (not recommended, per Tom, W8JI) but that blows the
QSK fuses.

I seem to remember adding jacks to my AL-80B so the N8LP would break the
STBY/OPR switch.

With keydown at full power out, if the N8LP effectively move the STBY/OPR
switch to STBY would I blow the fuses in the QSK board or otherwise cause smoke
to leak out of something?

Thanks,

Rick, N6PE